TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY, A STUDENT MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Be in the 8th grade during the 2017-2018 school year.
- Be committed to graduating from high school, getting into college and graduating from college.
- Meet the income guidelines of the 21st Century Scholars Program, be accepted as a 21st Century Scholar, and commit to fulfilling the Scholar’s Pledge.
- Have at least a middle school 2.8 GPA and have passed both sections of ISTEP during the student’s 7th grade year.
All applications are evaluated by an internal Admissions Committee that makes all final decisions about who is accepted into our program.
HOW TO BECOME A STARFISH SCHOLAR:
- Students must apply to Starfish during January or February of their 8th grade year. Starfish is presently accepting applications for the high school graduating class of 2022.
- Students must attend a Starfish information presentation at their school OR at the Starfish office in order to apply. Eighth grade guidance counselors have already scheduled presentations for their 8th graders in January and February of 2018.
- If school's presentation was missed, you can attend a Starfish information presentation on either Thursday, January 8 at 6:30 - 7:30 pm at the Starfish Initiative office, or Saturday, February 10 at 9:30 - 10:30 am at the Indianapolis Children’s Museum. Please contact our office to make a reservation at 317-955-7912.